Thursday, March 26, 2009

Things and stuff

Well, considering I started off my last post all excited about Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction touring and coming to our area, I'll start off by WHINING that they backed out of that date. They are now coming nowhere remotely close to us. Unless I feel like traveling to Toronto at 8 months pregnant, and let me say, given my undying love for NIN, that's not something I'm willing to do. And I'm pretty sure that Brad isn't going to allow that either. So, I will suffer the sadness of missing another awesome concert. I just hope they release a DVD or CD, since NIN will be going underground for a while after this. *sigh*

Spring has finally, kinda, arrived here in Rochester. I say spring and I mean that it is over 30. But seriously, it has been in the upper 40s/50s and that is like pure heaven for us. It has been a long, hard, cold winter but we managed to survive. We aren't out of the woods yet, but buds are popping up on trees and some flowers are starting to poke out of the ground, so we can see relief on the horizon.

This weekend Dominick turns 4 years old. I am completely boggled at this idea. Four years ago I was extremely uncomfortable, cranky, enormous, and miserable. And this time, well, I'm just uncomfortable and cranky. I haven't reached sheer misery yet or enormity. But I will hopefully get some pictures up and who knows, maybe even a shot of my 6 month belly, fully clothed of course. Time definitely does fly when the kid(s) arrive. Looking at the clothes we've gotten for this little girl so far, I sit back and realize she probably won't wear some of them at all, if not maybe once or twice. It's really nuts.

Brad is still on the search for a new job. If you aren't sure of how crappy our economy is, trying applying for a new job and try to keep track of how many callbacks you actually get. Or interviews. It's frustrating, but somehow we are making it.

But on the funner side of things, it's been a Bruce Campbell marathon in our house for the past week or so. We watched his latest, My Name is Bruce, and are going to start watching his short-lived series, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. I am also extremely excited because one of my and Mary's favorite reality shows is coming back, Deadliest Catch. Yay for Tuesday nights again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited but I have no cable! I wonder if I can watch it on Hulu?