Saturday, March 7, 2009

Early birthday present to me

Monday is my birthday. I am another year older in my early 30s and break into 32. With Dominick's birthday being at the end of the month, I have been consistently forgetting about my own birthday as I just focus on his. Now that I'm passed the 30 mark, birthdays aren't a big deal until, well, 40. Eek. But to celebrate this "occasion" I've taken Monday off and Brad and I are going to see Watchmen. We are very, very excited.

It has been a very, very rough few weeks in our household. We had a scare with the babe, but after an amniocentesis test, everything came back a-okay, so we will be having a healthy baby girl. Phew! Brad is currently looking for a new job, which has been... difficult, but we're confident he'll find something new. Because it's so easy to be unemployed in this shit economy right now.

In response to my last post, NIN did post some of their tour dates with Jane's Addiction and lo and behold, they are coming to Darien Lake on June 3rd! Yup, I am going to be 8 months pregnant at a concert. Maybe it will get things moving along. This is assuming things are still going normally and I'm not on bed rest for some reason. But, I am way, way psyched and checking daily for when tickets go on sale.

The weather up here has finally started to turn. Well, kind of. We had some frigid weather in the 20s earlier this week, but now we're having a heat wave and are in the 40s and 50s. Doesn't sound like much to most people, but after dealing with frigid temps for several months, it is a much welcome relief. Almost all of the snow has melted and everything looks brown and dirty, but dammit, it isn't white!

1 comment:

porkchop said...

Happy Birthday Nicki! Hope you enjoyed your day. :)

I hear ya about forgetting your own to focus on the babe's. Annie's is less than a week before mine, so I'm sure that will happen with us too. It already did last year when I was still recovering from having her on my 30th birthday! Kid birthdays are more fun than adult birthdays anyway, they actually enjoy getting older. ;)