Thursday, July 2, 2009

Due date

Today is my official due date, and here I am, sitting on the computer at home. I have been home for a week as I pretty much demanded being pulled out of work after having bad back pain and swollen ankles. Swollen doesn't exactly cover it, actually. More like elephantitus of the ankles and feet. It was so gross. But now that I can rest more, I can actually see my ankle bones.

We had a run of false labor on Friday, which sent us to the hospital, and back home again 2 1/2 hours later. To say I was sad and disappointed would be an understatement. I snapped at Brad the whole way home, because you know, it was all his fault. Haven't had anything like that since it happened, so at this point, who knows when this little girl is going to get here. Everyone would love for her to be a July 4th baby. It would be very cool, but, I would like her to come any minute now. But apparently, she just isn't ready. Even if she is full term now. So here I sit, and wait, and wait, and wait, and run out of things to do at home.

Being home with Brad and Dominick has been... interesting. A test of patience? A nice change? Depends on the day. I chock up my irritability to massive late pregnancy hormones. However it is nice to have time with just three of us before it becomes, the four of us.

We have had nonstop rain all week and man, are we tired of it. We can't do anything outside, so everyone is stuck inside. I have a feeling this summer isn't going to be much of a summer at all. We've had a handful of truly hot days so far and that's it. Ahhh, New York. You never know what each day is going to bring.

To pass our time, we have been making several trips to the library. We have gotten DVDs, videos for D, books for us, pretty much anything we can get our hands on. Brad and I watched the HBO miniseries, John Adams. It is quite fantastic and I recommend it to anyone. Following that, I am now reading My Dearest Friend: Letters of Abigail and John Adams, at the recommendation of my friend Laura. It's a great companion to the series and is actually quite interesting.

Hopefully the next post will include pictures of a pink bundle and be full of sleep deprived ramblings, but until then, have a happy and safe 4th!

No comments: