Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Music and tv

Brad and I have been watching the SyFy series Eureka via Netflix. It's always looked fun/interesting and we are in the middle of the second season. It is just a flat out fun series to watch. I do recommend catching it at some point.


On my own I have finally started watching the AMC series, Breaking Bad. Holy. Crap. It's hard to find the right words to describe this show. Weird. Ballsey. Insane. Fucked. Amazing. Awesome. I think that about wraps it up. Bryan Cranston is simply amazing. It isn't a show for everyone, but if you like something different, dark, and crazy, this is definitely one that you need to check out. I am aiming to get through the first two seasons in time for the start of the third season, which is March 21st. Yup, I am THAT much of a dork. It has one of the best series opening scenes I've seen in a very long time:


For music, yesterday I became very excited when I read that The Hold Steady will have a new album coming out in May. Thanks to my friend Mike, I have become a huge fan of them and I hope to see them live one day. They are a different sounding band, or mainly the lead singer's voice, but after giving it a couple of tries, I was totally hooked. So I am eagerly awaiting more music to add to my ever-growing library.


Next month I am super excited for the second album from the band She & Him. I have always been a fan of actress Zooey Deschanel and when I heard she was in a band, I definitely gave it a listen. Her voice is beautiful and the music has this fantastic old timey feel to it. I had the first album on a continuous loop for days after I downloaded it and assume I will do the same with Volume 2 when it comes out.

No comments: