Monday, October 20, 2008

Hip Hip Hoo-RAYS!

Not since the 1995 season when I was a young, rabid Braves fan have I been this excited about a World Series. I got to go to Game 6 of the ALCS, and while that particular game ended in a loss for the Rays, it was still quite an experience. The amount of people packed into that stadium was unreal. I've been to a few regular season games in the Trop over the years, and never has there been just a crush of humanity like I experienced trying to get to my seat! And while I had never before experienced any dislike for Boston Red Sox fans, that night, I began to dispise the ones sitting in my section! How dare they come to our ballpark and root against the Rays! (More particularly, I began to consider throwing my drink and popcorn at the ones who felt the need to be rude and say condenscending things about the Rays as the Sox started winning the game. I mean, really, it's one thing to cheer on your team, it's another to be spiteful about it). Needless to say, there were several fights witnessed in the stands (and bathrooms).

I had the opportunity to go back for Game 7, but I had to decline as I had to work the next day and knew I would get home way too late if I went. I sent B off with my blessing and was intensely jealous that he got to be there and experience what it felt like when the Rays clinched the ALCS championship. I was at home, biting my fingernails, and experiencing a jubliation when that last out of the game was called that I haven't felt in quite some time.

I'm hoping I get to go to one of the World Series games this week. Take me out to the ballgame, please!

No comments: