Sunday, November 23, 2008

Derby Prom

I went to our 2008 Derby Prom last night. In case you didn't know, it's an annual event my roller derby league throws to celebrate our season by giving out awards, mixed with booze and dancing. I got all dolled up for the occasion, which was kind of fun. I was voted the Best Positional Blocker by the league (I'm notorious for my angle blocks) and also got Most Improved Endurance (so running the stupid bridge has its perks after all...). I was also quite surprised and flattered to hear I had been nominated (which means someone(s) voted for me in that category) for Hardest Hitter. Truly a case where I can say it is an honor just to have been nominated. (I mean, there are some hard-ass hitters on the league and to think someone thinks I am in that company?? wow).

Anyways, it was neat. Here's a pic of me with one of my awards.



In other news, I just picked out a stack of books from the library to read over the next week or two. I got:
Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore
Stardust by Neil Gaiman
The Way the Crow Flies by Ann Marie MacDonald
Air Apparent by Piers Anthony (part of the Xanth series I'm a fan of)
The Terror by Dan Simmons

If you have any favorite books or authors, feel free to share them. I love to find new authors & books to read!

No comments: