Friday, November 14, 2008

Sickie McSick Pants

We've both been a bit MIA lately. Mary is without Internet at the moment and I have been sick as a dog. I missed several days of work and have been lucky to make it through the past couple of days here. It's not like I'm getting a whole lot done while I'm here anyway, but hey, I'm here. Since I've been sick, I haven't been watching movies, reading, or doing much of anything but laying half dead in bed. It does, however, give me a chance to watch some really terrible TV. Like Saturday when I watched a marathon of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. All I have to say, is wow. I know those are hours I'll never get back and I was half out of it anyway, but damn. AMC has been playing a lot of Clint Eastwood lately so I watched some of Dirty Harry on Sunday morning and even though I was in bed, it was the sickest I've been and I can't remember what else was on. Probably a good thing.

Life in NY has turned cold. Today we might be up around 60 and then we dive down into our winter mode - mid-30s - for the foreseeable future. We tend to usually get snow on Thanksgiving and not much of anything for Christmas. And if we do get snow on Christmas, we get about four feet dumped on us overnight. It's always a guessing game in western NY.

This is the first election where I left the news on all night. I ended up falling asleep somewhat early, but whenever I opened my eyes Obama had another state and kept inching higher, so I went to bed. At 1:30 when Dominick woke up, my hubby got up with him and said, "Oh by the way, Obama won" to which I replied, "Awesome!.... Zzzzzzzzzzzz". The next day was definitely a day full of hope and good feelings.

Oh, and if you want to see my attempt at Halloween, check out our Flickr page for a couple of shots.

No comments: