Sunday, September 7, 2008

N(icki) F(riggin') L(oathes) football

Today is the beginning of the football season. My husband could not be happier. I could not be more... annoyed. I don't like football. It's not because I don't fully understand it or whatever, it's just, I don't know, it doesn't do anything for me. Living where we do, we are in Bills country, so win or lose, my husband tunes in religiously to see what they are doing this week. I'm glad that my husband gets so much enjoyment out of the game and that I always have a win-win for birthday/anniversary/father's day/Christmas presents: Bills tickets. For the SuperBowl, two of our friends come over and they grill up a bunch of meat, I'll make up some chicken wing dip for them, and they'll split a football ice cream cake. It's a day they all look forward to. I look forward to going into our room, and shutting it out after our son goes to bed.
So, here's to another season of my husband yelling at the players who can't hear him, to fantasy football stuff I don't understand or care about, and to finding something creative to do for three hours every Sunday while my husband plays out his affair with the television. After nothing but loud football for the afternoon, I prefer something more along these lines...

3 comments:

porkchop said...

Ha ha ha, love the title, very clever! I didn't get the whole football thing either. Then I found myself turning on football just to have it in the background if Paul wasn't home on a Sunday. I don't know how it happened!

Jason Wilder said...

Love the football! You know you want to.

Mary said...

While I'm not overly fond of football season either, due the the obsession my ex had and (surprise) the devotion my boyfriend has to the Bucs, I will be keeping tabs every weekend on each game because I am part of a football pool this year. I could win money and upstage 19 men who are all older and more fanatical then me! What could be more fun?????