Monday, August 18, 2008

Crossing blogs

If you haven't noticed in our little blog roll, I contribute to another blog called Band of Outsiders. It is a movie blog with a couple of friends through work where we review movies, post and comment about trailers, and any other movies news/gossip/etc. Our head hancho gave the site a huge overhaul this weekend and it looks fantastic (the link is coming, hold on). Yesterday I was finally able to partake in a little project I have been wanting to do for a few months. My father is a Vietnam Vet and I had never seen The Deer Hunter so I asked him if he would be up for a little Q&A and then viewing of the movie. After a trip to Applebee's, we hunkered down for three hours and hashed it out. Most of this idea stems from an article I read in Vanity Fair about Vietnam war movies, mainly Coming Home and Deer Hunter. It's a long, but very interesting article that you can read here. I have about three pages of notes to compile into one cohesive piece, but I am determined to get it done by the end of the week. I will post here when I am done, but for the meantime, check us out over on BoO and let us know what you think!
Band of Outsiders

No comments: