Thursday, August 14, 2008

A day to myself

I am on vacation from work this week, but instead of going anywhere, I have been doing things around the house and hanging out with my little guy and my parents. Today, however, was a day just for me. I dropped off the little guy at the sitter and headed off to an appointment. From there, I wandered around Borders for a half hour before deciding on what to get to use up a coupon I had. They are having a pretty decent $8 DVD sale, so I picked up Lars and the Real Girl and the unrated version of Serentiy. I saw Requiem for a Dream for $7. What a deal, but damn, there is no way I can sit through that movie again. From the buy one get one half of table I picked up The Diving Bell and the Butterfly and The Yiddish Policeman's Union. I am anxious to start to read both, but I am fully engulfed in The Time Traveler's Wife, so I will have to hold off. From there, I headed over to the theater and watched The Dark Knight for the second time. There were five other people in the theaters besides me and it was great. Large soda and pretzel nuggets in hand, a hunkered down for another viewing of my favorite movie so far this summer. And it was just as awesome the second time around. I still could've sat through another viewing and want to see the next movie already.



You can check out my review of it here. Keep your eye on the site as we are working on an overhaul of the layout and I think you'll like it. It sucks that my vacation is already winding down, but it has been a great and very much needed break from the grind. Tonight, I will hopefully finish up season one of Mad Men and watch the new Burn Notice.

No comments: