Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fur babies

I have mentioned my son a couple of times, but we also have three other children, they just happened to be covered in fur. Our biggest one is Logan. He is our six year old Rottie, weighing in at 140 pounds. He is really a big baby once you meet him, but he has that Rottie presence which sends people walking by our house to the other side of the street. Which always makes us laugh ;)


He had a couple of weeks of transition when we brought Dominick home, but now they are very much pals...

The ever protectful guardian...

Finally someone to romp in the snow with...

Lots of hugs on a daily basis...


Our other critters are cats: Charlie and Mystique. We are pretty dorky in that we have managed to name our pets after X-Men characters, and not by accident. My husband is very into comic books and X-Men is one of his favorites. Logan = Wolverine, Charlie = Charles Xavier aka Professor X, and Mystique is well... Mystique.


Before we got Mystique, we had Buffy. She was my first kitty and she was the first pet I had after I moved out my parents' house. I still miss her and it has been two years since we lost her to cancer.

The animals have always gotten along... more or less. The cats, in their true nature, love to torment poor Logan. He's big, so he doesn't move so fast, so they use that to their advantage. But, in his older age, I have caught him and Mystique snuggling up together. Some day I will be able to snag a picture of it. We have come to the conclusion that there will always be some four-legged critter wandering our house, and there will probably be more than one of them.

No comments: