Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Finished

I always feel like I accomplish a monsterous feat when I finish a book. I finished The Time Traveler's Wife last week and it was fantastic. It is one of the best books I have read in a while. It is a great mix of sci-fi (the time traveling portion), romance (the continuous love story), comedy, and tragedy. I highly recommend it. It is over 500 pages long, but it goes by fast since I found it hard to put down. They have made it into a movie starring Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams due out around Christmas.
My next book, which I'm about 35 pages into is Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk. Chuck is in my top five of authors. I am anxiously awaiting the film adaptation of Choke to come out next month. If you like things on the more dark and sinister side, I highly recommend checking him out.

No comments: